Thursday, September 03, 2009

Right On, (Big) Brother!





Big Brother Alert: Sorry, But Obama's Planned Address to Nation's Schoolchildren is Creepy
by D.K. Jamaal

Obama’s initial educational push will be what he thinks he does best –
a speech, likely read from a Teleprompter.

Obama is planning to address the all of the nation’s students on Tuesday, September 8, 2009, according to the U.S. Department of Education.

I’m sorry, but the notion of a national address to schoolchildren creeps me out.

Maybe I’m paranoid, but it sparks within me thoughts of Big Brother’s looming head on a massive television screen, indoctrinating the hapless drones spread out before him.

The companion “Menu of Classroom Activities” released to pre-kindergarten through sixth graders by the Education Department in advance of what they are billing as “President Obama’s Address to Students Across America” does nothing to assuage my paranoia.

Before the speech, students are instructed to read books about Barack Obama. Teachers are asked to ask students “Why do you think he wants to speak to you?” referring to the President.

During the speech, students should think about the following “What is the President asking me to do?” and “What specific job is he asking me to do?” among other things.

After the speech, the questions that students should ponder include “Are we able to do what President Obama asks up to do?”

I’m sorry, but I don’t want the President of the United States asking or telling the kids of the United States to do anything. This isn’t 1950s China. [More]

No comments: