Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Getting Under the Hood of Democracy

The news of the Republican Party's demise have been greatly exaggerated. Tonight we met at Mayo High School and what a turnout it was.


Ron Paul's supporters show their colors.


They kept coming all night.






Interesting anecdote. I saw someone I recognized as a Democrat. When I "confronted" him, he said he was an "independent." I asked him if he was one of those "independents" for John McCain. He laughed out loud and then we had a serious conversation when I asked him why he was not caucusing with the Dems. His answer astounded me.

This Democrat, whose identity I will preserve, told me that he is "disgusted" by Democrats. He finds them arrogant, elitist and condescending. He doesn't understand why minorities vote Democratic when they are nothing but tools of the liberal party.

Finally, a Democrat who sounds like me.

No comments: