Monday, April 28, 2008

Friendly Reminder


That's what happens when liberals read my blog. I warned them not to.


I had a very unpleasant confrontation with a liberal today. He is one of those self-important, artiste PhD types. He stopped me in the hallway at RCTC today and the "conversation" quickly deteriorated into a criticism of my right to free speech.

Said liberal was spitting fire. His eyes were big, his voice shaky. Here's a quick tip to annoyingly confrontational libs: if you have body odor and bad breath issues, either load up on deodorant and mouth wash or keep your distance. He's read this blog and says I am "hateful." I asked him what was hateful about it and he said he doesn't like the words I use. When, tongue in cheek, I offered to send my blog entries to him to be edited before I posted them, he declined. I also reminded him that he has the freedom not to read my stuff if he finds it offensive in any way. At this point, he looked puzzled. It was as if the idea had not occurred to him. There is definitely a difference between being book smart and having common sense.

I then told him that when I was all but a year old the military took over the government in my native country of Brazil. I grew up with no sense of what free speech was. That slowed him up a bit. Many people, most of whom seem to be liberal, do not have an appreciation for what is, arguably, our most cherished of God-given American rights: freedom of speech.

Liberals don't like free speech if it contradicts their dogmas. I have never met people who are more intolerant of dissenting views than so-called progressives.

So, here's a friendly reminder to my liberal detractors: (re) read the disclaimer at the top of this page. I warned liberals that reading my blog would drive them crazy but they don't listen.

If you want to talk about it, make sure you bathe, shave and brush your teeth before you get too close.

2 comments:

Tedj said...

It's a shame that Americans nowadays take disagreements with each other so personal. It's an even greater shame that we often times overlook the common bonds which would ordinarily unite us, but are forgotten and neglected.

Othelmo da Silva said...

I must admit I was surprised. This guy put up a great act for a long time. I knew he was a flaming liberal but I expected a little more decorum at the work place. He has no class.