Sunday, April 20, 2008

Tim Walz's Forked Tongue

My "Davis versus Goliath" blog entry has caught the attention of Walz's sycophants on the Web. Instead of addressing the substance of the post, they prefer to imply that I have somehow plagiarized Senator Dick Day when he said this election contest is "Day against Goliath."

First of all, I had never read or heard Dick Day say that since I don't waste my time reading the Mankato Free Press, a pro-Walz rag if there was ever one.

Secondly, "Davis versus Goliath" is a much better turn of phrase since, as I am sure Walz's surrogates know, Davis is Welsh for "son of David."


Finally, and this is the kicker, Walz's premier supporter on the Web does not even live in the First District. She lives in Hutchinson, which, unless congressional district boundaries have changed in the last 24 hours, is located in the Seventh District. What is her motivation? Mine is ideological. I want the best for the district where I live. Moreover, I get paid nothing to post my opinions. Does she? Just asking.

Expect more distractions from Walz's minions in cyberspace and elsewhere as the election approaches and the soon-to-be former First District congressman's record receives more scrutiny.

Since they are monitoring my blog, perhaps Walz's henchmen will endeavor to explain why Walz said he favored the expansion of the DM&E line when he campaigned in the rural parts of the district and against it while courting votes and eyeing campaign contributions from Mayo Clinic executives.

Family farmers in the district are at an unfair advantage since they have neither the disposition nor the deep pockets necessary to organize a lavish fundraiser for Walz. Besides, I hear farmers are not fond of white wine and Brie cheese. They believe what people say as a matter of course. Their only mistake was to believe what Walz said and to trust that he had their best interests in mind.

But then again, Walz supports Barack Snob-ama's presidential bid. As chronicled extensively here, here and elsewhere, Illinois senator Snob-ama believes that small town and rural Americans are desperate homophobes who cling to religion and guns when the government does not give them handouts. Perhaps Walz shares Sen. Snob-ama's views. We can't really know because the congressman has not publicly repudiated Snob-ama's elitist comments or withdrawn his support for his presidential bid.

There is plenty of time for First District farmers and others in the district to rectify the mistake they made two years ago when they voted for Tim Walz. This year they can vote for Brian Davis, someone who won't make contradictory promises depending on the audience which he is addressing at the time then side with the one which organizes a high-heeled fundraiser for him.


Paleocon Strikes exclusive: a close up of what Tim Walz's tongue may look like

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since you asked, no, I don't get paid to post my opinions or for anything involving BSP. All of the site's expenses are paid out of my own pocket. Information about my residence and ownership of the site is public, on my "About" page and in the domain registration info at "Whois."

Though a few bloggers nationwide get paid to write, the vast majority are just like you and me: we do this as a hobby or a passion.

Do you know of anyone paid to write on his or her personal blog in rural Minnesota? I can't think of a single one.

Nearly all American political bloggers are also like us--motivated by love of country, rather than by any monetary reward. You and I disagree about what is best for this country, but I think you probably share my opinion that it is the best country. That is motivating and something the country's Founding Fathers would be proud of.

My specific motivation? My family has lived in southern Minnesota since territorial days (branches in Watonwan, Blue Earth, and Waseca counties); I was born in Mankato and graduated from St. Peter Public High; and, family and many friends continue to live there. I write about Southern Minnesota because it is what I know best. It's not complicated.

Othelmo da Silva said...

Sure. If you say so.

It may not be complicated but I'm not sure if it's honest either.

Still, there is something there. Something behind the curtain. Don't worry. I'll find out.