Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Paris, Like Obama, "Ready to Lead"





"Paris Hilton might not be as big a celebrity as Barack Obama, but she obviously has a better energy plan."
-- John McCain's campaign spokesman Tucker Bounds on Paris Hilton's presidential credentials.

Paris Hilton issues tart rebuttal to McCain ad
By DEVLIN BARRETT, Associated Press Writer
Wed Aug 6, 3:51 AM ET

WASHINGTON (AP) — Attention, America: Paris has spoken. Paris Hilton, the blonde, doe-eyed celebrity thrust into the presidential campaign in an ad by Republican candidate John McCain, issued a tart rebuttal Tuesday, albeit in a scantily clad, tongue-in-cheek kind of way.

Last week, McCain launched an ad comparing Democratic rival Barack Obama to Hilton and Britney Spears, suggesting Obama was no more than a celebrity candidate unready to lead the nation. Hilton initially shied away from the debate over the ad and its effectiveness. But she responded Tuesday with a spoof on the comedy Web site Funny or Die.

"Hey America, I'm Paris Hilton and I'm a celebrity, too. Only I'm not from the olden days and I'm not promising change like that other guy. I'm just hot," Hilton said, speaking as she reclined in a pool chair in a revealing bathing suit and a pair of pumps.

"But then that wrinkly, white-haired guy used me in his campaign ad, which I guess means I'm running for president. So thanks for the endorsement white-haired dude."

"I want America to know that I'm, like, totally ready to lead," she said.

She then discusses energy policy, and suggests a hybrid of McCain's offshore oil drilling plan and Obama's incentives for new energy technology. "Energy crisis solved! I'll see you at the debates," she said, (more)

Meanwhile, the Obamababy is whining about being compared to pop tarts Britney Spears and Paris Hilton. His thin skin will be his undoing. So will his sel-importance, elitism and unbridled liberalism.The Paris Hilton "campaign ad is hilarious." Watch it here.

No comments: